With Brian back, of course he’s going to join us for Time with Ty. His advice? Prep your food! Wash your food! So this edition was Ty’s time to choose the dinner and he went with stir-fry (between you, me, and the wall, I think he was a bit jealous that we had the chicken stir-fry a couple weeks ago). We went with beef this time around and played around with a few different ingredients than last time. Also, the sauce was kicked up a notch thanks to one Brian Bullard.
2 Tbs olive oil
1 lb stir-fry meat (cut thinner)
1 cup baby carrots (chopped or sliced)
2 cups mushrooms (stemmed, washed, and sliced)
1 cup (or 2 small) onions, sliced
4 roma tomatoes (cored and chopped small)
2 cups (or 1/2 lb) snow peas
7oz jar of baby corn (drained and chopped into thirds)
8oz can bamboo shoots (drained)
8oz water chestnuts
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
1Tbs soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp honey
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add beef to pan and brown, stirring constantly. Whisk together sauce ingredients.
3. Add onions,carrots, and mushrooms, cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add tomatoes, snow peas, bamboo, and water chestnuts, cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add corn, garlic, and sauce. Turn to high and cook for five minutes.
6. Cook rice according to the instructions on the box, but add beef bullion and a bit of rice wine vinegar.
Serve in bowls with rice on the bottom. Enjoy with your favorite beverage.