This episode is found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGtzdeIbj5E
This was a crazy delicious, crazy easy meal! And now, to recipe… though start the pasta sauce first, so that the flavors have a chance to combine as you make the salad, then start cooking the bread while the pasta is happening.
1/2 of a large (1.3L) extra virgin olive oil
10 roma tomatoes (5 seeded, all chopped)
Fresh basil (1/4-1/3 cup)
4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
pinch of sugar
1 lb thin spaghetti (cook while making garlic bread)
1 lb chicken (cut into chunks, cooked during making of garlic bread)
1. Combine ingredients thoroughly and let sit.
Caprese Salad (makes 6 servings)
5 roma tomatoes (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
2 large balls MILK mozzarella (if not pre-cut, cut into 1/2 inch slices)
Extra-virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic vinegar (for dipping)
1. Take tomato slices and top with mozzarella slices, arrange however you feel suits your plate.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and top with a touch of salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Dip in the balsamic vinegar and enjoy!
Garlic Mozarella Bread
French bread (sliced to about 1.5″ thick)
salt and granulated garlic (or garlic salt)
mozarella (sliced about 1/4″ thick)
unsalted butter (1/2 cup, then clarified)
1. Start boiling slightly salted water for pasta.
2. Add a bit of prepared sauce to a pan, cook chicken until done.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
4. Spread clarified butter across bread slices, sprinkle with garlic and salt (or garlic salt).
5. Add mozarella slices to bread, sprinkle with basil. Place in oven, bake 12-15 min until cheese has a “sheen”.
6. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente. Drain.
7. Serve pasta with chicken and sauce tossed together, with garlic bread.